Friday, April 13, 2012

What I meant to say...

At our wedding which is almost a week old now I had attempted to give a speech thanking everyone for coming and thanking those who have had the biggest impact on my life.... I think it came out something like blah blah blah I'm not as qualified as Crystal to give this speech. So here is what I was trying to get out-

Thank you all so very much for attending and taking part in the best day of my life. As I look out into the crowd I see Friends, Family, Mentors and Heroes. Some fit into all four categories and many fit into at least a couple and for that I am extremely blessed. The lessons that I have learned from all of you are the lessons that I will one day teach our children and grandchildren. I have had the best mentors that a young man can ask for. When I was a braggadocios young man I used to call myself a 7 time National Champion. As I have grown I have learned that I was just the one holding the halter sure I practiced and "put time in" but those heros and mentors where the ones that really made it happen. My father and Grandfathers have done more for me and helped me grow to become the man that I am and husband I know I will be that I ever could have asked for. I'm not sure I have been deserving but it is safe to say they saw some hope or would have given up long long ago. Thank you all so much for devoting so much time and energy into my development. I will not let you down.

To my new family, I know that you all may not know me very well but you all made me feel right at home when I met you and cannot wait to learn more about you all. They say it's meant to be when you sleep to the same dream and Crystal and I cannot wait to bring our dreams into a reality. There will be no revolution coming from us, just evolution. There is nothing that would more defeat our purpose than remaining the same. If we get even a small portion of the help and knowledge that we have received up to this point, the sky isn't even close to the limit. Why shoot for the clouds when the stars are so much brighter?

One of my favorite rappers proudly proclaims that he is "self-made" which is something that I will never be and I'm okay with that. My mentors and hero's are who made me who I am and I only hope that we make them proud as we move forward.

(This is where I would have thrown my sheets that this speech would have been on in the air and I would have followed that up with)

I LOVE HEREFORD CATTLE AND EVEN MORE SO I LOVE MY WIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a comment. We can't wait to share our special day with you.